Vacation and Travel Information for Antigua & Barbuda
The Eastern Caribbean dollar which is fixed to the US dollar - is the official currency. Exchange rate is US $1.00 = EC $2.70. US dollars, travelers checks and major credit cards are accepted at most places.
Atlantic Standard Time = 1 hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time. GMT-4
English is the official language of Antigua & Barbuda. However, dialect is spoken often by locals.
For visa information, please see: antigua-barbuda.org Cruise ship passengers who are 'in transit' and stay less than 24 hours are not required to present a visa.
Sight-Seeing & Good Places To Visit in Your Rental Car!
• Nelson's Dockyard National Park
• Shirley's Heights - Lookout Point
• Redcliffe Quay & Heritage Quay - Duty free Shopping
• Antigua Brewery
• Devils' Bridge - Natural stone formation on the Atlantic
• Fort Barrington and Fort James
• Hawksbill Turtle Preserve • Saint Peter's Church in Parham
• Half Moon Bay Beach